In this class children acquire water confidence while
developing basic swimming techniques. Skills taught are water
submersion, short unassisted glides and assisted back floating.
• Enter and exit pool safely
• Blowing bubbles under the water with good air exchange
• Assisted front and back float
• Introducing to roll-over’s
• Short glides
• Standing jumps feet first into the water
• Assisted underwater dive to retrieve rings
• Introducing to front crawl arm movements
In this class children build upon their skills taught in level 1.
New skills taught include roll-overs, kicking on back and front
with a kick-board and elementary backstroke.
• Front glide (longer distance)
• Flutter kicking on back with flotation device
• Elementary backstroke
In this level children perfect their swimming with roll-overs,
unassisted kicks and swimming longer distances.
• Unassisted swim with roll- over’s and arms
• Streamlining with kicking
• Introduction to front crawl & back crawl
• Jump and swim
• Trading water